Posted by Ryan Chase on 06/25 at 12:31 PM
During a season that causes your legs to stick to the seat of your car, you may be likely to turn on the air-conditioning and stay indoors.
But not this weekend! The 4th Annual Summer’s Best Music Fest & Street Bazaar, everybody’s favorite pre-Arts Fest fest, comes to State College.
The festival features three outdoor stages that will host an eclectic selection of musical artists ranging from the hip-hop musical stylings of Sugabone to the can’t-miss Dan & Galla Music Show. If that’s not enough, other happenings include Action Alley, an extreme sports exhibition, and PAWS fundraising function. Additionally, there’s a new gem at this year’s festival: a public safety zone. Sounds fun!
So drop whatever you’re doing tomorrow, even if it’s heavy, and force yourself and all your friends to get outside for a rocking good time. If you do not have the time of your life, you can hold me, Ryan Chase, beloved music reviewer and Mad Mex employee, personally accountable*. Seriously, check it out. It’s a good time.
4th Annual Summer’s Best Music Fest & Street Bazaar
Saturday, June 26th
9:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Stage Locations: Hiester, Allen, and Calder Way
For further details, including specific locations and times, Downtown State College has everything you need and more.
*Do not hold him accountable. Please. He would not know what to do if you did.
Author: Ryan Chase
Bio: Ryan Chase is a senior at Pennsylvania State University, majoring in English and Sociology. In his free time, he enjoys writing, reading, woodcarving, and playing the guitar. Outside of most rap and opera, he listens to every type of music, but he prefers classic rock and jazz. His favorite artists are Robert Johnson, Heatmiser, and Minor Davis & the Fuzzy Slippers.
Most recent entries
- Artist Profile: Former Destiny’s Child Member Kelly Rowland
- Do You Know “What Love is Made of?” A review of Katy B’s latest single.
- A Review of Arthur Goldstein’s June 15 Concerts at The State Theatre
- Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails resurface with the release of “Came Back Haunted”
- June 15: Arthur Goldstein Festival, Intersections, at The State Theatre
- Warped Tour - The Good and the Bad
- Now That’s (Not) What I Call Music: Not Being “Black” Enough & How Guns N’ Roses Changed My Life
- 10 Underrated Beatles Songs
- Album Review: “Latch” on to Disclosure’s Debut, “Settle”
- A look at Chronic Town
- The Wonder Years Rock the Suburbs with New Album “The Greatest Generation”
- Get Sucked in by The Yeah Yeah Yeahs’s new album, “Mosquito”
- Start the Month of June with These Tunes
- A Guide for the Summer Concert Season
- You are Human and You Need to be Loved: A Reflection on Two Songs by The Smiths
- Stephen Smith
- Alexandra Voigt
- Chelsea Sweithelm
- Nathan Etter
- Charlee Redman
- Natalie Plumb
- John Hendrickson
- Michael Giannelli
- Carly Mallenbaum
- Ryan Chase
- Pat Baxter
- Marcus Correll
- Aaron Wynne
- Mike Hobson
- Samantha Hatfield
- Brian McFarland
- Lindsay Carolla
- Johnny Chadwick
- Devin Weakland
- Ryan Kappy
- Stephanie Williams
- Kayla Tooma
- Christopher Will
- David Porter Callanan
- Matt D'Ippolito
- Karen Marchuska
- Rachel Garman
- Brittany Barth
- Mike Moynahan
- Shamir Lee
- Brandon Vesely