Contribute / Endowments
Strengthen the future of public broadcasting—create a special remembrance, celebrate an occasion, or build a county endowment.
The Endow-A-Day program helps Penn State Public Broadcasting create a permanent endowment to build a legacy of quality programming for central Pennsylvania.
Donors who endow a day of programming on Penn State Public Broadcasting are recognized through 15-second announcements made on-air during their specific broadcast day each year for a decade.
Endowments are funds, typically totaling $25,000 or more, that are invested and provide perpetual support for Penn State Public Broadcasting. Half of the income from the fund is available for spending each year. The other half is returned to principle, so that the fund continues to grow over time. Funds such as those provided in the Endow-A-Day program act as a source of continuous funding.
"Underwrite" a day of WPSU programming
Endowments can be made to support WPSU-TV, WPSU-FM, the Educational Services unit, and even specific genres of programming. The first of its kind, this unique endowment program allows for families, businesses, and even counties to support public broadcasting in an exceptional way.
Several endowments are being recognized on air:
- Thomas F. and Sara H. Songer Family Endowment for WPSU-TV, recognized on April 4
- Environmental Programming Endowment, recognized on April 22
- Bill and Honey Jaffe Performance Endowment at Penn State Public Broadcasting
- Gertrude J. Sandt Endowment for Public Broadcasting
- Howard M. Levine Cultural and Performance Endowment for WPSU-FM
- The DuBois Area Endowment
Contact Membership at 814-863-5635 or WPSUMembership@psu.edu for more information