WPSU | Member-Supported Public Media Serving Central Pennsylvania
Folk Show Resources
- Acoustic Brew Concerts
- Reasonably-priced, quality folk and acoustic music series in State College/Lemont since 1992.
- State Theatre
- The State Theatre is a non-profit community theatre dedicated to serving the Centre County region by providing a venue for theatre, dance, music, and film.
- The Wagon Shed Concert Series
- The Wagon Shed Concert Series in New Freedom, PA brings hot acoustic acts from across the country as well as sponsors open mic events.
- The Susquehanna Folk Music Society
- The Susquehanna Folk Music Society (SFMS), based in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, is a nonprofit education and arts organization dedicated to the advancement, promotion and preservation of traditional, contemporary and international folk music and folk culture. SFMS presents concerts, dances, workshops and educational programs for the cultural enrichment of South Central Pennsylvania.
Events, Festivals & Jams
- Folk College
- Three days of workshops, concerts, jams, dancing, and friendship at Juniata College.
- Greenwood Furnace Folk Gathering
- A weekend of music workshops, jamming, concerts, and dancing.
- Hickory Fest
- Hickory Fest brings some of the world’s best musicians to the hills of the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon.
- Heart of the Alleghenies Folk Music Festival
- HOTA attendees can enjoy instructional workshops, dances, and open jam sessions.
- Jam in Bellwood
- Acoustic jam in Bellwood (between Tyrone and Altoona) Thursday evenings, 6:00-8:30 pm at the Hope Center, 421 Main St in Bellwood. Folk, country, blues, bluegrass styles featuring acoustic instruments. Light, tasteful amplification permitted by permission only. All ages and skill levels welcome. Contact Tim McMillen 329-6516 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jam in Millheim
- Every 4th Wed of the month there is an old time music jam at the Green
Drake Arts Center in Millheim. Green Drake is right next to the Post Office
on RT 45 in Millheim. Karl Leitzel is the contact at Green Drake at email@example.com
- The Mudcat Cafe
- A comprehensive portal to Folk Music.
- Old Songs
- Old Songs, Inc. is a not-for-profit, educational organization dedicated to preserving traditional music and dance.
- FOLKDJ-L is an electronic discussion group people interested in all folk-based music on the radio.
- American Folklife Center
- The collections in the Center's Archive of Folk Culture include folk cultural material from around America.
- Themed Folk Music Song Lists for Radio
- A themed song list sorted by holidays, musician's birthdays, and other various themes.
- JR Judd Violins
- A luthier in Williamsport, PA specializing in violins, violas, cellos, basses and bows.
- Oriskany Guitars
- A luthier in Central Pennsylvania specializing in guitars.
- Elderly Instruments
- A mail order retailer of many kinds of instruments.
- Instrument specific websites
- There are many of these on the Web, including Banjo Hangout, Fiddle Hangout, and Flatpicker Hangout.
Listen to The Folk Show
Full List of Upcoming Shows »